How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re researching pickup trucks, you’re probably wondering how much a RAM 1500 can tow. When it’s properly equipped, this light-duty pickup can tow up to 12,750 pounds. The powerful 2019 RAM 1500 has even earned the accolade of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing.* The all-new RAM 1500 is even stronger than its predecessor, the 2018 RAM 1500, in terms of both fuel efficiency and power. Learn all about the RAM 1500 towing capacity and specs before visiting Price Motor Sales for a test drive!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
When you choose a 2019 RAM 1500, you can choose between three different engines which offer different specs and capabilities. However, each engine is equipped with a Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Here’s how the specs stack up for each RAM engine:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque—creates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Max towing capacity is 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine—creates 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. Max towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque—creates the same hp and torque as above, but can tow up to 12,750 pounds.
Depending which RAM 1500 trim you choose, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Towing Performance Features
While the RAM 1500 towing is impressive, there are a variety of performance features that help this light-duty pickup that help tow a camper or heavy equipment through Huntingdon with ease:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission worths with the eTorque mild hybrid system in order to help the RAM 1500 achieve up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: This model had 14.9-inch brakes that allow for greater stopping power on the roads of Mount Union.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Opt for this available system, which can watch your blind zones (accounting for trailer length).
Test Drive the new RAM 1500 Near Altoona!
Compare the all-new RAM 1500 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 to learn more. If you’d like to further explore the interior features and technologies of the new RAM 1500, contact us at your convenience to set up a test drive! Our team will be happy to walk you through the RAM truck lineup so you can choose the best work truck for your needs! Don’t forget to explore our current offers as well as use our payment calculator to estimate monthly car payments before you even visit our dealership.
More About Ram 1500 Features
The 2019 RAM 1500 is a durable pickup truck designed for high towing capabilities and payload capacity, with a curb weight starting at 4,798 pounds and a gross vehicle weight rating starting at 6,800 lbs. Get more details on the all-new RAM 1500 weight at Price Motor Sales to decide if it’s right for your needs in…
If you’re researching pickup trucks, you’re probably wondering how much a RAM 1500 can tow. When it’s properly equipped, this light-duty pickup can tow up to 12,750 pounds. The powerful 2019 RAM 1500 has even earned the accolade of Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing.* The all-new RAM 1500 is even stronger than its predecessor, the 2018…